There are several ways to donate to the Friends of the Fruitville Library.
- Become a member of the Friends of the Fruitville Library
- Renew your membership to the Friends of the Fruitville Library
- Purchase an engraved brick for the Reading Garden
- Make a financial contribution — The Friends appreciate financial donations of any amount. All contributions to the Friends are tax deductible.
You Can Help!
Bring your gently-used books and other media to the Friends Bookstores!
- What to donate
- Hardback/Paperback Books
- Magazines no more than one year old
- Audio Books
- Movies (VHS, DVD and Blue-ray)
- Sorry, we can’t accept
- Moldy or Dusty Books
- Text Books
- Personally recorded video/audio items
When you are ready, simply bring your donation to the Friends Bookstore located inside the Fruitville Public Library during Library business hours. A cart is available for large donations. A receipt for donations is available although we do not appraise the value of your donation. Volunteers will sort donations for immediate use in the Library, for sale in our Bookstores, or to another distributer of used books. Profits from sales will benefit the Friends and thus the Library.
The Friends Donation Policy
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. The Friends of the Fruitville Library site collects your email address for the purpose of sending online donation confirmations and other communications. The Friends of the Fruitville Library will not disclose, sell, trade, rent or otherwise reveal your email address to any entity.